Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Because everyone's needs and exposure to risk are not the same, it is best to consult your agent to help find the insurance policy that is right for you.
What is Homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance is a package policy that covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people, including injuries caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant exceptions are damage caused by natural floods, earthquakes, deterioration and poor maintenance. You must buy separate policies for flood, and earthquake coverage can be added by endorsement on most homeowners policies. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility and cannot be endorsed on homeowners policies.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
First of all, if you have a mortgage you are almost certainly required to have it. But it is really about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. Chances are your home is one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover sudden and unexpected damage, not routine maintenance or long term deterioration. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Things to consider when shopping for homeowners insurance.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed?
- Available discounts like a monitored alarm system, multiple policy (Home+Auto), new roof, updated electrical/plumbing, metal roof or class IV hail resistant rated roof, etc. can have an impact on the premium you pay.
- Certain classes of property have limited coverage on a homeowners policy. Personal items like jewelry, guns, art, furs, camera equipment, and business property should be 'scheduled' to provide adequate coverage.